Friday 9 January 2015

Just a Minute Turban Man


I was high on the wheels, swinging with the wind which was cold and numb, the fog was dense and atmosphere queer. I was racing to reach on time, shivering but stiff, quick but alert. The path was clear to the distance I could see, even animals were hidden, scared, huddling each other for the warmth. The vision was directed by the rays falling down and lighting the path to run more.
A glimpse of something scattered on the road, may be a bike. I by passed it, giving no attention to what was there. Thoughts holding me back to see what was that, may be an accident and someone hopelessly waiting for the help. I paced up but lost to the thoughts which were trying to figure out the foggy scene. Hands working involuntarily to slow down and look back.  A man sitting on the road side with bike lying next to him.
I got down and moved towards the turban man who looked tensed, holding his head on his palms. Are you fine? I asked him. The furious face was visible, red eyes, filled with tears and throwing away the help with his angry words, go away, I don’t need anything, I am fine. I was more cold now and moving back was heavy and dull. I reached half the way and a heavy voice hammered my ear drums. I looked back and the turban man with a polite smile on his face said Thank you boy, I needed it. I reciprocated with the smile and moved away.
A simple thought of helping and caring can change the whole scenario. The turban man was an example of depressed life and a word of help changed his way in a minute. Be Human and help.

1 comment: