Sunday 1 February 2015

A Fig Tree who ate it all


Rooted in the most narrow lane and about hundred years old, the great fig tree which mesmerized even the animals to stay close to it, embracing a big area with its wide and open figure and giving shelter to thousands of birds. Considered as the most scared and home to seven figures Gods, not allowed to be planted in home and said to possess a divine power to make any wish come true, the tree was served like Buddha. The trunk of the mystical home was covered with red threads which holds the wishes of those who visited it and believed in its power. Everyday it hosted hundreds of devotes who surrendered themselves to the tree and placed eatables to charm the God which later was consumed by the stray dogs.

I went there with my wishes rolled in the red thread and a platter to lure the omniscient tree. Chanting the mantras to put more power in the thread and thoughts, I saw a small kid crying and staring at the food at the feet of fig. The boy lived in a hermitage close to the tree. I went down on my knees and asked him what he wanted, he pointed to the platter in my hand. I surrendered my wishes to the hunger of a child and fed him through my hands. His smile was much more than what I would have got through my wishes.

There is no other means of happiness in this cosmos than helping those in need. The tree didn’t demand anything, for it the platter was a big waste and the whole picture was a reason to change the thought pattern. Breaking the superstitious behavior and putting faith in humanity.  



2 comments:

  1. May be the child would have wished for food and the tree granted it through you :).... And yes in todays chaotic world, such instances of humanity restores our faith in the Good!! :) well written!! Kudos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very true..... it helped me restoring my faith in humanity and showed me the way to get eternal happiness..
      Thanks akshay :)

      Delete