Saturday 25 October 2014

When her Mother Died

There were hundreds of people in her house, her relatives busy in telling others about the loss of a divine soul. Some making arrangements for the last duties to be performed before the dark and her mother lying quietly on the floor like an angel with no wings of life. Not even a single tear in her eye, she was constantly looking at the blue sky. Her aunties forcing her to cry and let it come out else she will go insane, 12 was not the age to lose life.    

I didn't have the courage to hold her and make her feel comfortable, still I went close to her and gave her my hand. She said my mother a devotional singer, who always sang in the name of God and he cheated on her. He is a looser and my mother is a true friend, always did what he wanted and still she died of cancer. She prayed to let go the pain but everyday she gained, Maa didn't stop singing and he didn't stop giving. I lost my savior two years back and now there is nothing left, I am alone. She bowed down to the breathless body, hugged her tightly and gave out loud cries.

Hours later when her mother was in sandalwood fire, she said I am scared about the future. I have no one left and I am a girl. Her relatives decided to let her go with her maternal uncle and stay with them. She said I wish there would have been no childhood in my life. I don’t know what to believe in, the devotion my mother taught me or the truth which I have experienced. I will take the loss with me to understand it more. More or less life is a hidden story which leaves us to think and understand the reason behind the activities and plays, life is all meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment