Friday 22 January 2016

She ruffled my hair and moved on

She was standing at the opposite end of the road and waiting for the traffic lights to turn red. She looked familiar to my late grandmother. She crossed the road, came forward and stood close to me. The grace on her face wanted me to keep watching her moves. She was wearing a white elegant dress and was holding a nice bag. She was chewing her lips and giving perplexed facial expressions like my grandma did when she wanted something but was confused whether to ask for it or not. I saw the urge in her to say something but she was quite hesitant. The smile dissolved the barriers and she came closer.

She said, “Beta, I have lost my wallet, I have to travel to Vasant Kunj, Can you please help me with some money”. I wanted to help but denied rightway thinking she is trying to fool with her old age and glib words. Even after getting a no, she blessed me, smiled and moved on. I couldn’t resist stalking her. She was gazing at the road and looked more anxious. I moved towards her and offered money. Her smile wasn’t lost, she said, ‘’ Keep it son, I don’t want you to help with a doubtful mind. He (God) will show me the way”. I answered, “I don’t doubt you but I doubt myself. Keep it as this will make me happy, maybe He wants me to see the way too”. She ruffled my hair like a mother and moved on.

She didn’t need any help but she wanted to remove my doubts about being more receptive and human.

No comments:

Post a Comment